EP 8: Marketing is not a lifeboat
- Marketing is a routine activity that you should run throughout the year.
- Marketing is not equal to advertising.
- An advertising campaign typically has a start and an end. Marketing doesn't.
- For example, some schools run a blog which is an ongoing marketing channel for them.
- A blog doesn't end. It's an ongoing marketing channel that you build and expand over time.
- Using high quality and long form content is very effective for marketing all year long.
- Content and storytelling allows you to engage your audience all year long.
Do you see marketing as a cost?...as an expenditure? maybe as a necessary evil? Or do you consider it part of the ongoing activities of your team? And how do you differentiate between marketing and advertising?
On this episode, I'm sharing some insights from a conversation I had with a private school business officer that had an Aha! moment during our call.
Sign up for my newsletter
You'll get one email every month with new articles, podcast episodes, and cool stuff I discover.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.